Pink Fire Pointer Don't always believe what you see...

Don't always believe what you see...

Yeah we've heard it all before right? We've all seen the immaculate airbrushed centerfolds in men's magazines. Advertising agencies use tricks and techniques to make their products look more desirable in their commercials, billboards, print etc. And I've begun to see it more and more in the tattoo industry.

At first it was just a few people using photoshop to "enhance" their tattoos. It became so bad that some tattoo magazines had to tell prospective artists sending in material to not alter it. Some magazines don't care. And now with the popularity of such social media like tumblr and instagram I've seen this trend much more. A fairly decent artists work becomes a major work of art that people are falling all over themselves to praise. But lets raise the veil shall we??

Here was a picture I came across and was impressed with.



I was impressed with the work and the idea was pretty clever. But this is a picture taken by a photographer and edited. Now, lets take a look at the actual photos of the real tattoo....

Here we see that it lacks in the intensity in the above photo. I'm left feeling slightly let down. This first image appeared on a page promoting tattoo artists. And I'm sure the artist who did the tattoo got tons of new followers to his or hers profile. The second group of photos were also published but I almost thought it was a bad knock off of the first tattoo. 



I've seen a few other people who have seen such blatant photo enhancing try to bring it to the public's attention and up until now I've never seen the proof like I have in this example. And I'm not saying that all amazing tattoos have been enhanced to look better. All I am saying is that you can't believe everything you see.