Pink Fire Pointer Welcoming 2013

Welcoming 2013

As I stand (actually I'm sitting down) or the threshold of yet another year I can't help but to think about what has transpired over the last 12 months.

I moved back to Philly alone. I've now taken public transportation 4 sometimes 6 days a week back and forth (with the exception of some gracious friends who have driven me) for a whopping 5 hour round trip. I attended the Philadelphia, Tampa (which was not in Tampa), Wildwood and Atlantic City conventions.. I had a vacations to Boston, NYC and I also attended my first Fantasy Fest in Key West. I again returned to the PA Ren Faire and found an amazing restaurant which has quickly become one of my favorites.

In 2011 I wanted to get into magazines and started a successful campaign which got my work in over a dozen magazines. Not bad for never having sent a single thing into any magazine before. But 2012 was my year to do conventions. First was Philly and it was a big one! I've been to the Body Art Expo in Pomona California and that was probably bigger, but not by much. There were so many really talented artists in attendance this year and I was lucky enough to be fairly busy the whole weekend. Then came Tampa... This was a nice get a way type convention, too bad it wasn't IN Tampa. Needless to say it was kind of a bust. We even broke down Saturday night and headed up to Tampa for a day of fun in the sun before we had to head back. It wasn't a total loss as I met some really cool people. Then at the end of summer was the Wildwood Tattoo Beach Bash, a small venue but still a great time. Met some super awesome people and won my first ever trophy from a tattoo convention and discovered Menz's restaurant. The final convention was Atlantic City. A convention plagued with bad rumors of ever lacking attendance and poor planning. I can't say much good about it. Fellow up and coming artist Nicole Thompson (who took first place) and I collaborated on a set of color flash sheets that brought home our second trophy, so it wasn't all bad.

2012 saw me visiting Boston with renowned piercer Dave (idermal) Hurban. It was a short visit but we saw some amazing sites in such a Historic town and we enjoyed some amazing food. I can not wait to go back and do some more exploring. My son and I had a couple of trips to NYC. It is one of my favorite cities and I love taking my son to explore everything that the city has to offer. My last adventure was with fellow artist and shop owner Randi Polillo where we attended our first (and not last) Fantasy Fest in Key West Florida. We did get a little side track when we missed our connecting flight and had to stay overnight in Atlanta. But, we made the best of our time there and visited the Atlanta Aquarium where I saw my first Whale Shark. Five of them to be exact! Then it was off to the Keys for some adult fun. Wow. That's about all I can say, that, and that I'm looking forward to going back next year.

Come and gone are Hurricane Sandy, the Mayan "end of the world" calendar scare, a reelection of President Obama, legalization of marijuana, and a bunch of other news worthy "events".  

So just what is 2013 gonna have in store? I for one am going to refocus on my art. I'll be getting a car and license soon thus my commute will be shorter giving me more time to get some things done. I hope to get back to submitting photos to magazine, redesigning my website and building my body painting portfolio for next years Fantasy Fest! I look forward to strengthening bonds with my some friends and letting go of frienemies. Its time to focus and have fun. Its time to get more tattoos and live a live worth living!

So be safe and I hope to see you when we welcome in 2014 which will be here before you know it...