Pink Fire Pointer Some people...

Some people...

Recently I've been pondering what my next blog should be, or more accurately what I should bitch about next. And this problem has risen to the top of the most recent complaints I have. So let me fill you in, I have a client, whose identity will be hidden, that has come in and gotten work done by me and liked the work they have come back for more. This client never wants to make an appointment only wants me to keep them updated if I have any cancellations they can fill and when I do they are never able to fill them. Recently they made an appointment to get a matching tattoo that I did on their other wrist. On the day of the appointment they changed their mind completely and I had to free hand a design right on their wrist. The client being a return customer paid using a promotional 30% off coupon which is no big deal and if you haven't signed up for the monthly Dynasty News Letter you totally should as it can save you mad cash. With the discount the total was about $54, the client only had a hundred dollar bill and $53 dollars if my memory serves correct. I gave them 5 $20 bills for the hundred but didn't have change as they were my first client. Seeing that I was having trouble finding the correct change they offered up the $53 if I was willing to eat the dollar shortage. And that is what I did. Its much easier to lose $1 then to scramble around for change. They thanked me and left. Now I'm not all about tipping your tattoo artist but, it's always nice and given the fact that they not only got a discount but were given 5 $20's and I let them slide on a dollar I would not have been upset to get a tip. But hey that's how it goes sometimes, and I've always said that a good recommendation is better then a tip any day.

Then I received this message on Facebook.


  • Client

    Hey after looking at this tat I hate to complain but can you fix the "shadow" it look like it belongs can you trace it to make it look like the brown part of bracelet? I'm so sorry
  • 12:19pm
    Scott Terry

    Sure let it heal and ill fix it

  • 12:20pm
    Client

    Ty will it cost me anything?
  • 12:34pm
    Scott Terry

    Nope
    Tues march 12 2pm
  • 12:36pm
    Client

    Ok
    Thanks again, just know I love it except for that part

    Even though this client shorted me a dollar and the part of the tattoo they wanted "fixed" wasn't anything wrong with the tattoo but something they didn't like the look of it is always my first reaction to make the client happy and why charge them? I'd rather the client be happy. So I scheduled them and got them in "fixed" the area they didn't like and darkened up a few things. And as I promised I didn't charge them a dime. Again, no tip was offered and neither was the dollar they shorted me on the initial tattoo.I'd like to take this time to mention also that while I was tattooing them they were talking to someone else in the room and bad mouthing other local studios they had gotten work from calling the artists "assholes".
  • Tuesday

  • 6:41pm
    Client

    I hate to contact you again, but, the correction you did to my worst tat...the color didn't seem to take, it's very light...
  • Tuesday

  • 10:15pm
    Client

    Wrist tat*
  • Wednesday

  • 3:10pm
    Client

    So, did my typo piss u off? Lol I'm not trying to be a chronic complainer and believe me if it was something I could just live with I would but honestly it doesn't look good...

    She sends me a picture of a horribly faded tattoo.
  • Thursday
  • 8:28am
    Scott Terry

    Wow it really shouldn't look like that I would have to say that maybe my aftercare wasn't followed. I'd be happy to touch it up but since I've done so once already I'll have to charge you the shop minimum, $60. Stop in whenever and drop off your $50 deposit and fyi I'm booked up about two weeks so if you want to get in I'd do it rather soon.

  • 8:33am
    Client

    Seriously I did everything I was suppose to do and I have to pay??? That's not really very fair. I paid in full for this tat and not by any fault of my own the color didn't take, I'm sorry but I'm not willing to put out any more money its not fair
  • Thursday
  • 12:47pm
    Scott Terry

    You didn't pay in full... you actually shorted me a dollar.
  • 1:21pm
    Scott Terry

    And technically feet and hands aren't covered under our free touch ups but I've done it once already. So its not fair for me to first not get paid in full then do not one but two touch ups for free using my supplies that I'm not being reimbursed for.

  • 3:57pm
    Client

    Oh I'm sorry I didn't get that memo I thought people stood behind their work... Thanks anyway I guess I'll just have to live with it!
    Thanks !
  • 4:16pm
    Scott Terry

    The skin on the hands and feet differ from other parts of the body and much like fingers and lips studios don't offer the same gaurantee we offer on say an arm. I've never said we don't stand behind our work or that i wouldnt help you. But I will have to charge you.

  • 4:55pm
    Client

    How is charging me $60 (shop minimum) helping me out? Unless with that $60.00 minimum you add something to it for me...
  • Today

  • 7:41am
    Client

    I've been thinking about your explanation and you really should tell people upon getting these types of tats about your "no guarantee" because if I had know I may have thought twice about getting It on my wrist, telling me once the problem occurred was kinda a moot point. Believe me, I'm only disputing this with you because I honestly do believe I'm right, I understand your point as well however, why should I have to pay for something that was in no way my fault? I mean really Scott...the bow you did on my other wrist came out beautifully and is my favorite tattoo which is what made me choose you to do another for me and what made me recommend you to a few of my friends. If you are going to stand firm about charging me then I guess this will just have to be a lesson learned on my behalf but if that is going to be the case when someone looks at this tat and comments on the flaw I will have to be honest with them and also, not that it would really matter to you I'm sure, find another tattoo shop to have any further tats done...
  • 8:19am
    Scott Terry

    And good morning to you too. I have offered a solution, one that isn't satisfactory to you. I am sure that before I did your other tattoo I told you of the issues associated with tattooing the backs of hands as I am pretty on point with being brutally honest with people about size and location of tattoos that could effect their longevity. I don't believe that the price you paid for the original tattoo (which you did short me a dollar) was outrageous in fact is was most likely less then I'd charge someone else because you have been a return client of mine. I've already done one touch up for free and will gladly darken the tattoo for an additional studio minimum which I think is extremely fair given the circumstances. I'm sorry if you feel as though I'm not doing enough and if you choose to go to another studio then I'm sorry you feel this way but wish you the best of luck.

  • 8:29am
    Client

    I will be sure to have that dollar to you as soon as possible!


    So this is where the situation stands. This blog was not written in any attempt to exacerbate this situation. I merely wanted the facts known. Every attempt at hiding this individuals identity has been taken. The only changes that were made were the removal of any pictures and names. I've tried to be professional and resolve the situation. I never want someone to be unhappy with something I did on their body. That feeling sucks. However, I do feel the need to report the facts when someone feels as though I've done them wrong. This is a business and my equipment and my time are worth something. I don't think the studio minimum of $60 is too much to pay since this person has already had one free session. At this point I feel as though I've remained professional but you can not always make people happy unless you give them everything for free and even then who knows... So once again, a BIG thank you to all of my amazing clients who support me and my work. I love my job and its you that make me happy to come in and do what I do daily. Take care folks and thanks for reading.