Pink Fire Pointer No! Oh God, No!

No! Oh God, No!

If you are an fellow artist then you will know exactly what I'm talking about here. You might even find it humorous. If you are a client of mine you might have heard me talk about this subject. And if you are planning on getting a new tattoo pay attention.

So let me set the scenario for you, we are diligently working away when someone enters the studio. They would like to talk to an artist about getting a tattoo. If it is a female she wants flowers with some swirly things. If the new client to be is a male he might want tribal. In both cases the have a reference picture, more and more often its on their phone (please stop with the cell phone pics). Very rarely its on printed paper.

Every time I'm hoping to see something new, something yet undiscovered. Yet its always the same...




Here are the images...

 
The big pink & yellow lilies that end in swirls on ribs.

 The really bad lily, stars and swirls...



The classic black and grey roses with swirls, on ribs.



The Hibiscus, with names on hips.



And the super photoshopped douche tribal that doesn't match.

If I have to see these images again I might have to pluck my eyes out! Please allow me to explain, when you Google something, the images that appear first are the most popular. Thus your "original" idea if found on the first page of images probably isn't too original. I know me and other artists have joked about it. All we have to say are things like "flowers on ribs", and we automatically know what images we are thinking of. 

I get it, you were looking for a design and saw something that struck your fancy. But take it a step further, look up some actual real flowers. Try searching without the word tattoo. Find some flowers you actually like. Allow us to turn those into a beautiful side piece for you. But please for the sake of all things holy, stop bringing us these images! Lol, that is all.